Star-Spangled Bakery Treat
Red, white, and blue are the colors of the American flag. Celebrate the colors in this fun sweet. A rice crispy treat is simple, quick, and gluten-free dessert to enjoy this 4th of July. Make this fun homemade treat for your family or to a party.
- 6 cups (colored) Rice Crispy Cereal
- 6 cups (colored) mini or jumbo marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Aluminium foil
- Star-shaped cut out
- In a large bowl, measure marshmallows. Cut the measure butter and place in bowl with marshmallows.
- Melt marshmallows and butter together. (this can be done in the microwave by cooking the ingredients for 2 minutes on medium heat, or you can place the ingredients and melt them on medium heat in a sauce pan)
- Pour the rice crispy cereal into melted mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Once everything is evenly mixed, quickly cut the treats into shapes. (be careful not to burn yourself, but also pack the mixture before it cools)
Share your treats with us on Instagram or Facebook with hashtag: #liliguanafun