The best way to stay warm this winter is with a hot bowl of soup. It’s time for you to try our traditional minestrone soup recipe. This recipe can feed a family of four for multiple days. If you want a smaller portion, cut all the ingredients in half. Follow the steps below for this simple soup that will fill everyone’s tummy.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3/4 pound green beans
- 4 medium zucchini
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 15-ounce can low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15-ounce can low-sodium navy or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15-ounce can low-sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 32-ounce low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 32-ounce low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup elbow pasta (optional)
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Prep all the vegetables before you start cooking. Cut the zucchini in half, then in half again. Lay it flat on the cutting board, then slice the zucchini about 1/2 inch for the perfect dice. Dice the onions and celery in a similar way.
Trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. It should yield about 2 cups.
Bake some garlic bread for an additional component to the meal. Try this vegetable filled soup. Share your cooking with us on Instagram or Facebook with hashtag: #liliguanafun