Signs of Bullying and What To Do For Your Child
Signs of Bullying and How To Take Action In Your Child’s Life
Here are some signs to look for that could indicate whether your child is being bullied or not. There are also some steps you can take if you know they are being bullied.
Signs of bullying:
- Unexplainable injuries
- Faking illnesses
- Low self esteem
- Avoidance of social situations
What to do:
- Document everything. Find out details from your child
- Contact the school during hours of operation and make an appointment with the principal for a face to face meeting.
- When you meet with the school principal, tell your child’s story and ask for help.
- Ask what you can do together to stop the bullying. Write down everything he said and agreed to do, because you are going to hold him accountable for it.
- Always follow up.