Today we are going to take a twist on an American classic: by adding spaghetti to it! Below is the recipe for a delicious lunch, that can serve up to four people, with a lot of pasta on the side. Adult supervision is needed.
- 8 slices of bread (Italian is the best, but most other forms can work too)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese (patted dry)
- 2 cups of spaghetti sauce (any type works, it’s up to your taste)
- 4 cups of Angel Hair Pasta (doesn’t need to be exact)
- Follow the instructions on the side of the Angel Hair Pasta box. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the angel hair pasta, and cook until al dente.
- With adult supervision, drain the pasta.
- Once the pasta has been drained thoroughly, pat the pasta with a paper towel lightly to remove any extra water.
- Put the pasta back into the pot and mix in the pasta sauce
- While you are bringing a pot of water to a boil, preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Once preheated, rub the butter along the pan until lightly coated.
- Put the eight slices of bread on the pan, with four of them having a slice each of mozzarella cheese. (I made one more on a separate sheet not seen)
- Set a timer for six to eight minutes and put in the oven with adult supervision.
- Once both the bread and the pasta are ready, heat a skillet over medium-low heat using butter to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- While the pan is heating up, place on top of the mozzarella cheese up to one cup of spaghetti (the more spaghetti on there the messier this will be)
- Place the other piece of bread on top.
- Put the sandwich is the heated pan
- Make sure to go slow with this because you don’t want to burn the sandwich
- After 5-6 minutes, the sandwich should be golden brown
- Carefully flip the sandwich and repeat again, with the other side
- Once both sides are toasted, serve immediately.
Sprinkle some parmesan cheese to added flavor. Share your treats with us on Instagram or Facebook with hashtag: #liliguanafun